How to wash hands correctly
We are open for business during Covid lockdown 4 as an essential service.
Place your order or send an enquiry and we will respond as soon as we can.
In our busy lives it is easy to believe that by splashing a bit of water and soap on our hands we are killing any germs that may be on there and we are safe to hold a baby, shake hands or prepare food. However it is vital to follow the 20/20 rule.
Wash your hands for 20 seconds and dry them for a further 20 seconds as follows:
- Remove jewellery from hands
- Wet your hands
- Apply a liberal amount of soap
- Rub hands together for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing the birthday song twice). Make sure you lather beyond your wrists, between your fingers and under your finger nails
- Throughly rinse with clean running water
- Dry your hands as per the chart below
- Turn tap off with a paper towel
Hand drying techniques
Drying type Drying time method
Single use towels or roller towel 20 seconds, using 2 sections of the towel
Paper towels 20 seconds, use 2 paper towels
Air dryer 45 seconds, rub hands together while moving them under dryer
Using a hand sanitiser
To use a hand sanitiser simply pump or spray onto your hands, rub them together until the sanitiser has evaporated - usually around 15 - 20 seconds. Do not rinse with water after as the sanitiser has done all the work for you!